HTML stands for ‘HyperText Markup Language’ and is used to create web pages that are designed to be displayed on web browsers. Technically HTML is a programming language
HTML Tags are like hidden keywords that are used to define how text or images will be displayed on web pages. HTML tags are defined by angle brackets ‘< >’ and consist of 3 parts: an Opening tag, Tag name & closing tag'</>’. Most tags have opening and closing tags except a few like <br>. Now the closing tag is the same as the opening tag with a forward slash prefixed to the tag name. The browser does not display the HTML tag but it formats the content on the website for end-users.
It is important to understand HTML codes, proper usage will enable you to create an awesome user experience. However, you need not be a top coder to learn HTML.
Though there are nearly 100 HTML tags, you may need just 20 common tags which you will be using very often. I am listing all 20 important tags below:
Basic HTML Tags:
Formatting HTML Tags:
- <b>…</b> – Defines the bold text
- <i>…</i> – Set the text in italics
- <strong>…</strong> – Defines important text
- <center>…</center> – Center the text on the page horizontally
- <ul>…</ul> – Brackets an unordered / bulleted list
- <ol>…</ol> – Brackets an ordered / numbered list
- <li>…</li> – Defines a list item (in ordered or numbered list)
- <button>…</button> – Represents a clickable button, used to submit forms
You can learn more about advanced HTML tags from a leading digital marketing institute Adzentrix.